The Digital Donor
The last fundraising push for donations during the 2015 holiday season will have a greater digital presence than ever before. Now is the time to take a donor centric approach to your digital channels to maximize giving. Below is a checklist focused on website, email, and donation pages in order to increase success:
- Do you make it clear why a donor should join your email list?
- How easy it is to sign up for your agency’s email communications?
- When someone submits their email address, do they get a welcome response in their inbox?
- Do your agency emails translate to mobile devices? Are the emails built on a responsive design?
- When you view the email, do you see the correct creative graphics for your current fundraising campaign?
- How visible is your organization’s contact information?
- What happens when you test the links to reach out through phone, email, and/or through the contact form? Are these channels set up correctly?
- Can you easily see the donate button?
- How does your organization’s website translate to mobile devices? Is it a responsive design?
- What happens when you click “Donate” on the website? Have you optimized your donation forms?
- Does the correct landing page appear and does it look correct on all devices?
- Do you see the correct creative graphics for your current fundraising campaign?
- How easy is it to make a donation on mobile devices? (Yes, test it!)
- How many times does a donor need to click in order to finish making a gift?
- How long does it take to complete the donation process?
- What happens after a donor makes a gift? Is there an automated thank you message in their inbox and/or do they receive a thank you note in the mail?
- How long does it take for a donor to receive a thank you note after making a gift?
Taking the time now to follow the steps a donor makes in order to give a gift will allow you to see the process that they must go through in order to fulfill their donation. It puts you in the donor’s shoes and gives your organization an opportunity to make adjustments before the holiday season is over.For more help or to get a more detailed list of everything you can do to enhance your digital presence and increase holiday giving, contact your Account Services Team!