5 Simple Strategies for YouTube Success
In case you hadn’t heard, Alpha Dog Marketing just launched our own YouTube channel last month, so we thought it would be a good idea to give a few tips and best practices about how to make the most out of this social networking site. YouTube can be a great tool to expand your brand exposure and is one of the most engaging social media sites to date. Here are 5 simple ways you can optimize your YouTube channel:
- Be strategic in your channel design and initial setup. The first step to creating a great YouTube channel is to make the viewing experience pleasurable. Your organization’s logo, colors, and brand should be immediately recognizable in the profile and cover photos. Limit your channel description to a short paragraph that reflects your mission and core values.
- Create a strong call to action and utilize annotations. Customize each call to action and annotation message specifically to the video playing. The goal is to keep the viewers engaged, take action (share), make a donation, and get involved. Be sure that your annotations and overlays link to an external site where a gift can be easily made.
- Use compelling thumbnails and titles. Choose an image that is entertaining and represents the video. Pick a shot that is clear, well-framed, and easily visible on multiple devices. Your title should be compelling and descriptive. Both of these elements will be the first impression of your video to the audience – so make it memorable!
- Tell your stories visually. People respond better and are further engaged when pictures are posted with text. A story can be more impactful when told verbally rather than only on paper. Keep your stories simple and speak to people’s emotions. People will remember how you make them feel so give them a great, simple story with a strong emotional connection.
- Apply to the YouTube Nonprofit Program. Once your 501(c)(3) is correctly listed in www.Guidestar.org, you are eligible to apply for YouTube’s Nonprofit Program. Once approved, your organization will be listed in the nonprofit directory - giving you access to a premium design, increased promotion opportunities on YouTube, better branding options, and a Google “Donate Now” button.
For more, check out this great resource for more tips and tricks straight from YouTube to specifically help nonprofit organizations. https://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.youtube.com/en//yt/advertise/medias/pdfs/playbook-for-good.pdf
Don’t forget to watch Alpha Dog Marketing’s industry updates, recorded webinars, and educational videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/alphadogmktg
Sources: http://www.brafton.com/blog/10-ways-to-optimize-your-brands-youtube-channel-infographic and http://blog.capterra.com/youtube-for-nonprofits/